In this episode I share one of the most common ways I teach groups about Spiritual Gifts so you can too. I also share how the Spirit has helped me to discover and see my kids Spiritual Gifts and why it is important to create an awareness and love for Spiritual Gifts in your home.
“I perceive that thou art a sober child, and art quick to observe” (Mormon 1:2) This scripture teaches us that young children have important spiritual gifts. It also teaches us that we should look for their spiritual gifts and share it with them.
Remember our children have depth and gifts we often do not know!!
Jesus took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.
“And when he had done this he wept again;
“And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them: Behold your little ones.
“And as they looked to behold they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels descending out of the heaven as it were in the midst of fire; … and the angels did minister unto them.” (3 Ne. 17:21–24.)
How to discover your kids Spiritual Gifts
- Pray and ask Heavenly Father for the Spirit to help you know your children’s spiritual gifts.
- Study spiritual gifts. The more you know about spiritual gifts the more the spirit can help you see them in your kids.
- Look and pay attention. Be quick to observe and PONDER.
- Keep a record – when the Holy Ghost tells you a child’s gift make sure to write it down. Study the gift. Observe ways you see it bless them in their lives and your families life.
- Let your children know gifts and talents you see in them. PRAY and ask when to tell them. Make sure they are ready. I have had times the Spirit has had me write them a note about a gift and hold on to it for a while. When it is time to tell them I highly recommend a safe important place to keep them. Whether you get them their own love box, which I highly recommend or in a journal which I did before love boxes or any other way make sure they have a special place for them. Post on what love boxes are here
Notes, Quotes and Talks from Podcast
Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles says..
“During our time here on earth, we have been charged to develop the natural gifts and capabilities Heavenly Father has blessed us with. . . . As we exercise and magnify these gifts, we will be able to accomplish the callings and responsibilities that will come into our lives.”
“We must distinguish between true spiritual gifts and counterfeits, he cautions. True spiritual gifts are “given as a blessing and benefit to those who love God and keep His commandments.”
“We can expect that gifts will not usually be manifested in dramatic ways, though that can happen. For example, when using the gift of discernment, answers to our prayers will often come “over an extended period of time with almost a natural solution whereby people can take action on the feelings of their hearts—which bring them peace and comfort—rather than through dramatic revelation.”
Development of gifts is not an easy undertaking—in order to take full advantage of the gifts we are given, we must put in the corresponding efforts and must live worthy.
President Monson Children A Gift from God
Elder Ashton There are many gifts
Elder Hales Gifts of the Spirit
Elder Hales Every Good Gift
Cullimore Gifts of the Spirit
Elder Oaks Spiritual Gifts
Gifts of the Spirit for Hard Times